Last Revised: July 21st, 2018
Passive Profit Secrets is the data controller of your personal information for the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation.
1. The Kinds of Information We Collect
1.1 We collect information to provide better services to all users of our Service, including determining what types of editorial content and what services offered on our Service are of the most interest and relevance to you.
1.2 We collect information about you (“your personal information”) from the following two sources:
- The information you give us. In order to receive some content from our Websites, we require that you become a subscriber. When you do, we’ll ask for personal information, like your name and email address. You may also provide us with personal information when you participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on any of our Websites, enter a competition, promotion or survey, sign up to a newsletter and when you report a problem with any of our Websites. Where we indicate that the information is mandatory, it is required to enable us to fulfil a contract with you and, if you do not provide the mandatory information, we will not be able to provide you with the applicable service.
- The information we collect from your use of our Service (“Usage Information”). This information relates generally to what editorial and advertising content you view, and the services you use that we and our third-party providers offer. We may collect the following Usage Information:
- Device Information. We collect information about the devices you use to access our Service, such as hardware settings, browser type and version, browser language, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, time zone setting and the date and time of Service requests.
- Log Information. When you use our Service, we automatically collect and store certain information in server logs, which automatically record certain information when you use our Service, including the following:(a) details about how you use our Service, such as your search queries, the full referral Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from any of our Websites (including date and time), page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs) and methods used to browse away from any of our Websites;(b) your Internet Protocol (IP) address, which is the number assigned to an Internet connected device such as a tablet or smartphone and used to identify the geographic location of that device; and(c) cookies that uniquely identify your browser and collect information about how our visitors interact with our Service, as well as help us identify problems such as error messages from certain pages. A cookie is a small file containing a string of characters that is sent to your computer or other device when you visit our Service. When you visit our Service any time thereafter, the cookie allows our Service to recognize your browser and to store information about your user preferences and other personal information.
- Location information. When you visit our Service, we collect and process information about your actual location. We use various technologies to determine location, including IP address.
- Local storage. We collect and store information (including personal information) locally on your device, using mechanisms such as browser web storage (including HTML 5), which allows for data to be stored on a browser even after the browser has been closed and the reopened, and application data caches, which allow for data to be stored on your device, enabling an application to run without an Internet connection and to load content faster.
- Collection and Storage technologies. We and our partners use various technologies to collect and store information when you access our Service, including by using cookies and tracking pixels, to identify your browser or device. We also use these technologies to collect and store information when you access our Service and interact with the content and services we offer, such as advertising services.
2. How We Use Information We Collect
2.1 We use the information we collect from your use of our Service in order to provide you with meaningful editorial and advertising content and to offer you relevant services, as well as to maintain, protect and improve your overall experience. In particular, you may choose (i) to subscribe to any of our electronic newsletters, (ii) to receive “special offers” by Passive Profit Secrets and its various service providers, and (iii) to receive franchise and business opportunity information from selected advertisers, and we will use your information for these purposes provided you have given us your consent. You may also choose to submit questions or comments in response to editorial content on our Service, in which case we will process your information to comply with your request. In each of those instances we will ask you to provide, and we will collect and store, certain personal information such as name, email address, country, telephone number and, where necessary to comply with your request, information about your business. If we ask you for, and you give us, your consent, Passive Profit Secrets and its various advertisers and other service providers will use that information to send you promotions and other communications concerning business opportunities, products or services. You can remove yourself from any such electronic newsletters and otherwise stop receiving any further promotions and other commercial communications by following the “unsubscribe” directions included with each newsletter or, in all of the above instances, by sending an email with the word “unsubscribe” in the subject line to email@example.com.
2.2 When you contact Passive Profit Secrets, we retain a record of your communications to help solve any issues you are facing, or to maintain a record to assist with legal claims. We will keep these records for a period of no more than 6 years. Provided you have consented thereto, we may use your email address to inform you about the services offered on our Service, such as letting you know about upcoming changes or improvements.
2.4 We share your information with third parties in the circumstances set out in Sections 3 and 10 below.
3. Why We Share Your Information with some Third-Party Advertisers.
We share your information with some third-party advertisers so that the advertiser can:
- To identify whether you are the kind of person that the advertiser may want to show ads to.
- To inform a prospective advertiser or its agency that you are visiting one of our Websites, so that the Website can solicit bids for the opportunity to show an ad to you.
- To help the advertiser to select relevant ads for you.
- To verify that you are human rather than a “bot” attempting to defraud advertisers.
- To monitor your behaviour on websites, in order to determine if you have viewed or interacted with an ad.
- To determine whether you have purchased any of the advertiser’s products or services following your viewing of or interaction with an ad that it has paid for.
- To record the number of times you have viewed each ad, to prevent a single ad being shown to you too frequently.
Such information referred to may include but is not limited to; your income bracket, age and gender, habits, social media influence, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, political leaning, etc.
3. Advertising on Our Service
The advertising you see on our Service is determined by a number of factors relating to relevance, including (i) your approximate geographical location based on your IP address and (ii) the subject matter you view on our Service. For example, if you are viewing an article about affiliate marketing, you may see ads concerning email marketing software. We detect the use of ad blockers and store that information, in order to help us understand your use of our Services; but we do not restrict your use of our Service if you use ad blockers.
4. Privacy and Choice
People have different concerns about privacy. Our goal is to be clear about what information we collect so that you can make meaningful choices about how that information is used. You may set your browser in its “options” or “preferences” feature, in order to warn you before accepting cookies or to disable all cookies entirely. However, it is important to understand that many of the services we provide on our Service and to our Service users may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
5. Minors and Children under Age 16
We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 16 or knowingly allow such persons to register to use our Service. No one under age 16 is allowed to provide any personal information to Passive Profit Secrets. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 16, we will promptly delete that information. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under age 16, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. The Information You Share
7. The Information We Share
We do not transfer personal information to companies, organizations and individuals outside of our Service except as described below and in our Cookies Policy.
7.1 We share your information with selected recipients. These categories of recipients include:
- advertisers and advertising networks including Google that require the data to select and serve relevant ads to you and others;
- analytics and search engine providers including Google that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our Websites;
- third parties to whom we make available for rental a list of those registrants who have expressly provided us with their permission to receive third party information and offers as part of their user profile; and
7.2 We may also share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Passive Profit Secrets when we have your consent to do so.
7.3 Other than the circumstances set out above, we will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of our Service if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of that information is reasonably necessary to:
- comply with applicable law, regulations, legal process or enforceable governmental request;
- enforce any of our applicable Terms of Service, including any potential violations;
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues; or
- protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of users of our Service or service providers, as well as the general public and Passive Profit Secrets as required or permitted by law.
7.4 We also may share personal information with a buyer or other successor, in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Passive Profit Secrets’ assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Passive Profit Secret about our Service users is among the assets transferred.
7.5 We additionally share your information publicly and with our partners such as third-party content providers, advertisers or connected sites, but in a manner which does not reveal your personal information and which is aggregated with other user information to show usage of our Service and third-party products and services offered through our Service and trends based on such categories as age, gender, geographical origination and other demographic characteristics.
7.6 We may transfer and disclose information, including personal information, in response to lawful requests by public and governmental authorities and law enforcement agencies, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. In addition, we may disclose personal information to customers, vendors, service providers, public and governmental authorities and law enforcement agencies where required in order to comply with a legal obligation; when the law requires it, at the request of governmental authorities conducting an investigation; when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights; to investigate fraud; to respond to an emergency; or otherwise to protect the rights, property, safety, or security of our users or others, in all cases only if and to the extent such transfer and disclosure is permitted by applicable law.
8. The Protection of Your Information
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to protect the information provided by, or collected about, the users of our Service, from unauthorized access, or alteration, disclosure or destruction. In particular:
- We encrypt much of that information using SSL.
- We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to our systems and the information collected and stored therein.
- We restrict access to personal information to those of our employees, contractors and agents, who need to know that information in order to process it for us, who are subject to the obligation of strict confidentiality as relates to that information, and who will be subject to discipline, including termination, if they violate that obligation.
- services offered by other companies or individuals on websites not operated by us or applications, including any such websites or applications which are referenced on or linked from our Service; and
11. Contacting Us